Nut Growers Society Annual Summer Tour
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8-11 am in Aurora & Donald (see details below)
Thanks to Compton Chase-Lansdale (Harvard Club Board Member), we have a unique opportunity to get an inside look at one of Oregon's biggest (but perhaps lesser known) industries: the hazelnut industry. Harvard Alumni are welcome to participate in the Nut Growers Society Annual Summer Tour.
The cost of the event is $15, paid in cash the day of the event. Spots are limited to 10 so please be sure RSVP below so we can reserve your spot. We will reach out to all those who RSVP below the week prior to coordinate carpools if desired.
The tour consists of two parts and you are welcome to attend one or both:
- Morning Registration and Hazelnut Production Seminar - North Willamette Research & Extension Center - 15210 NE Miley Rd, Aurora OR 97002
- he Aurora Willamette Valley Cooperative Extension Service to 1030am at t
- Hazelnut research being done by USDA and OSU to support the hazelnut industry
- Factory Tour of new Hazelnut Growers of Oregon Cooperative production facility - 21260 Butteville Rd NE, Donald OR 97002
- to maybe there is a tour of the brand new hazelnut processing facility in Donald owned by the agricultural cooperative named Wilco/Hazelnut Growers óf Oregon
- Catered Barbecue at processing facility